Carers’ Voice Somerset Partnership Board is a strategic group, and an influencing body and voice for unpaid carers in Somerset. Concerned with improving the lives of unpaid carers in Somerset we advise and make recommendations on the joint development of health, social care and related services.
CVSPB was set up in response to national strategies to make sure that carers can access the appropriate support and services they need. This helps them to maintain a good level of health and wellbeing and remain in their caring role for as long as they wish.
CVSPB is an inclusive, membership organisation. We include carers and former carers of people representing a wide range of caring needs and are open to all those interested in improving the lives of unpaid carers in Somerset.
Key members of Carers’ Voice Somerset are:
4. Carers and former carers
5. Carers’ Voice Somerset – Local Link/Vision Group Leaders
6. Somerset Young Carers Service
7. Somerset County Council Adults and Health Commissioning
8. Somerset Clinical Commissioning Group
9. Somerset’s Carers Service
10. Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust – Carers Service
11. A wide range of organisations who have endorsed Somerset’s Commitment to Carers
What we do
We respond to the local and national policies for carers by
- making sure that carers are listened to and that their views and suggestions are shared across the whole of the health and social care sector in Somerset
- working together with partners to make sure that the needs of carers are considered when designing, monitoring, reviewing, commissioning and de commissioning services.
- monitoring the progress of Somerset’s Commitment to Carers and making sure that it remains up to date and relevant
If you would like more information or are interested in becoming a member please contact our Carers Voice Somerset Partnership Board Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org 07866 785438
To find out more, visit: http://www.somerset.gov.uk/organisation/partnerships/carers-voice-somerset-partnership-board/