! COVID 19 - We'd like to reassure you that our local health and care services are well prepared with well-rehearsed plans in place to deal with the outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). For further information and advice please click here.
Carers' Voice Somerset Partnership Board
Working together to improve the lives of unpaid carers in Somerset
About Carers' Voice Somerset Partnership Board
Carers' Voice Somerset Partnership Board was set up in response to national strategies to make sure that carers can access the appropriate support and services they need. This helps them to maintain a good level of health and wellbeing and remain in their caring role for as long as they wish.
An inclusive, membership organisation; including carers and former carers of people representing a wide range of caring needs.
Carers' Voice Somerset Partnership Board is open to all those interested in improving the lives of unpaid carers in Somerset.
Members must be at least 16 years old.
Board membership must be made up of at least 80 per cent current carers.
The Chair and Vice Chair are always carers or former carers.
Key members of Carers’ Voice Somerset are:
- Carers and former carers
- Somerset County Council Adults and Health Commissioning
- Somerset County Council Young Carers Service (non-voting)
- Somerset Clinical Commissioning Group
- Somerset Carers Service
- Somerset Partnership – Carers Service
- Carers UK
- Alzheimer's Society
- And other organisations who have endorsed Somerset’s Commitment to Carers
What we do
Carers' Voice Somerset is a strategic group that responds to the local and national policies for carers by:
- making sure that carers are listened to and that their views and suggestions are shared across the whole of the health and social care sector in Somerset
- working together with partners to make sure that the needs of carers are considered when planning or developing services
- monitoring the progress of Somerset’s Commitment to Carers across all types of carer support services in Somerset and making sure that it remains up to date and relevant
- actively contributing to carer service design, redesign, commissioning, decommissioning, monitoring and development
For more information about Carers' Voice Somerset Partnership Board click here